The Freshman Academy is designed to allow students to explore the various academies and pathways offered through Lakota Tech.
- Find career interests and determine future academy enrollment by examining careers and lifestyle goals.
- Set life goals and plan a path to success with the assistance of supportive teachers.
- Visit career sites, college campuses, and gain real-world experience that will prepare them to make career decisions effectively.
Freshman will gain academic knowledge through their core content courses. Each of these courses meets South Dakota state standards and the graduation requirements.
- Environmental Science
- Strategic Reading
- Applied Mathematics
- World History & Geography
Students at Lakota Tech will have access to their first technical, career-centered courses. These courses have been chosen specifically with career exploration in mind.
- Career Exploration
- Foundations of Technology